Friday, June 17, 2011

'Cause this is Filler! Filler night!...or day...

Unfortunately, Giana actually does look slightly surprised...haha
 I was so surprised...to see a little girl peeing in a park.

Well, it's been several days since our last post, so I thought I'd type up something real quick as a little filler. :] 

Not too much has happened since, but there are still some fairly noteworthy stories. The first of which being the trip to the police station. In case you were wondering, we did make it to the police station, after getting lost a couple times (I swear, if anyone came to Salamanca and didn't get lost, I would call them a god). It was a little awkward, since we were there for Giana and she tends to be reluctant to speak in Spanish--not that she's bad at it; she just hesitates enough to where I feel awkward and step in. Can't help it. So anyway, we wandered the huge police station--seriously, there was a marble, spiral staircase--and finally found the claims department. The dude gestured Giana into his office, telling us to wait in a bare room next door. There goes her backup. It didn't take too long, and she says the policeman was very nice and patient (and that she had to draw or write a lot to get her point across), and now she's got a police report filed. She's more hopeful than I am about it doing much, but I can be cynical. 

Anyway, we went out on Wednesday to the Irish Rover, a foreign student hotspot, and found absolutely no one. Though it was karaoke night (and there were some entertaining "singers"), apparently no one wanted to be out. So we hung around there a little bit, walked to a different club (to find it more barren than the Irish Rover), and sauntered back. We didn't stay out very long, and Giana, Caroline, and I stopped by a park on our way home--surprise, surprise. While Giana and I were trying (and succeeding) to fit ourselves into the baby swings, Caroline joined in an awkward conversation with some locals from their third-story balcony. Before they could come down to talk face-to-face (or murder us), Giana and I quickly disentangled ourselves and hustled us back home.

Yes, Spain has weird baby swings that fit college kids.
Besides those exciting events, not much has happened--we've been going to classes, walking all around Salamanca's parks, and just hanging out in general. We're all pretty exhausted, and I'm pretty sure we all feel our leg muscles either A. Getting stronger, or B. Getting weaker. Either way, we've certainly made use of them. 

One guy did show up to my writing class drunk the other day, and we all laughed about that for a while, but nothing very new has gone down since Saturday, sadly. Tonight, however, we'll be scouring the streets for sexy Spanish men. And then tomorrow, we travel to Madrid--finally. It seems we'll be walking a lot while there (goody), so hopefully we're not too tired from tonight...If we are, there's always the two-hour bus ride to and from. 

Well, that's all I've got for today. Oh, except that we walked down the river Monday (since we didn't have school), and ended up at a park (again, big surprise). As we were walking toward a little boardwalk, a small child crouched down to the grass, pulled her pants down, and proceeded to pee, right in front of all the people walking by--including random, American college kids. That was an interesting sight. I've got a picture of Giana looking "surprised" in front of the area--she was the most traumatized--but I'm too lazy to upload those few new pictures. I'll add it sometime or other. 

So there's your food for thought for today. Hopefully I don't see that happening when I get back to America--I'd like to think it's just a European thing...But I doubt it. Watch for peeing children! ¡Adios! ;]

**UPDATE: I added a couple pictures for you. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment