Saturday, July 20, 2013

Whales!!

I was so surprised...Cadiz was not that great.

Okay, so we had no wifi again in Cadiz (we were in a little hostal--nice, but no private bathroom and no Internet :/), soooo now I have to inform you of our adventures for a few days. Since the last post, we saw a bullfight, enjoyed the beach of Cadiz, got lost on the way to Tarifa, and then went whale watching! It's been a fair bit.

As for the bullfight--it was fun, and we enjoys it, but Russ isn't really the biggest fan. I agree with him, and he respects the tradition and culture of it, but he'd prefer not to watch it again. And I respect that. No regrets for seeing it, though, so that's good. :)

As for Cadiz, well, we liked the beach (though both agreed Hawaii had nicer, cleaner, better beaches), and had a good time, but it's not a place either of us really care to go again. Just too tourist-y and dingy for our tastes.

Finally, after a few rough starts (very rough and stressful, being lost in a car in a foreign country, ugh), we finally made it to Tarifa. And I, for one, really love it here. The streets an buildings are cleaner, prettier. The city doesn't have as touristy or congested a feel. The ocean is nearly always in view. AND we had delicious Mexican food at a restaurant in the center of the city. I know, Mexican food in Spain? But holy cheese, man, it was the best Mexican food I've had. Ever. Like, if this was the Mexican I could get at home, I'd eat it all the time. Delicious. Oh, and we also went whale watching. That was awesome! We saw a few pods of orcas and several fin whales, on top of just having a great time sailing on the Strait of Gibraltar. Russ and I have decided that if we ever get rich, we wanna live on the ocean and have our own boat. We love the water. :)

Other than all those fun adventures, we're just excited now for Morocco tomorrow!! We're going to probably be pretty tired, so we'll see if I get to a post, but I'll do my best! Just know that we're having an awesome time and I can fairly safely say we'd both highly recommend Spain. :) And having a later honeymoon is kind of awesome in itself--thank goodness we already know how to handle each other stressed and tired and traveling. But, really, I couldn't have picked a better travel-buddy and we are having the best honeymoon ever. :)

Love de Espana!

No comments:

Post a Comment