Friday, August 12, 2011

A Little Clarification

I was so surprised...I made myself sound like a whimsical goof yesterday...

So I realized that I told you people yesterday that I'm thinking about moving to Oregon after I graduate, but I didn't really explain why. Now, this may not be a completely, thoroughly though-out plan, but I do actually have some good reasons for choosing Oregon:

1. My starting salary in Arizona would be about $30,000 and my starting in Oregon would be about $33,000. Not only that, but the average salaries for Arizona and Oregon are $44,000 and $50,000 respectively. I would start out with a better pay, and increase to an even better pay.

2. The average class size is 22 in AZ and 20 in OR. I get paid better, handling fewer kids.

3. Oregon teachers are given comprehensive health care and a basic life insurance, whereas Arizona teachers are given options...

4. Now, I'm not all about money, but the cost of living (depending on the city, of course) seems to be generally lower than in Mesa, too. More money + spending less money. Wow!


5. It's really pretty.


















6. It's really, really pretty.








7. Shut up, I wanna move to Oregon.



So, if you have any suggestions for me--like cities I should move to--please let me know. If you have any questions, well, I might not know the answer...But I sure will Google it and find out, or make something up for ya. :]

So, yes, I am still a fairly whimsical goof, but I do also have some solid reasons for choosing Oregon. ALSO, I would like to thank everyone for being so unexpectedly supportive! I really was expecting everyone to call me crazy and dismiss the whole crazy idea as a strange waste of ambition. It's definitely been quite a different experience than I predicted, and I love you all for it. :] So thanks, and any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, of course!

2 comments:

  1. #7 is my favorite. haha

    I suggest you start applying or looking for what's out there for jobs so you don't get your hopes up and then have to figure out some other way of doing things. Doesn't hurt to start bugging the Oregon Public School System. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I definitely will be doing just that! :]

    ReplyDelete