Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Adventure...Has Yet to Begin...

I was so surprised...to realize that we are actually going to be spending an entire month in Spain this summer! 

In case you were wondering about the title of this blog, here's the inspiration. Caroline and I watched a lot of Mythbusters our sophomore year, and fell in love with this guy, turning "I was so surprised" (and its variants) into a joke we use constantly. This guy truly looks so surprised about 1 minute into this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KsdMuhYJPw. Wanting to make the title personal, I dug deep for something clever...and came up with a surprise. Our trip to Spain will most likely be full of surprising things, so I thought it would be appropriate. Just go with it. :]

Well, Bree asked me to create a blog to document the adventures that Giana, Caroline, and I are going to be having this June in Salamanca, Spain. Sooo I made one. Now, it's May 21, so there're still 8 days until I even hop on a plane with Caroline toward Madrid. Needless to say, I'm getting a little anxious. 

Don't worry, this will be my only post before we head off, so you won't have to deal with me rambling about my excitement. What I will give you right now, however, is a little basic information about our trip. 

We will be leaving Phoenix on May 29th, and arriving in Madrid the 30th, and then traveling by bus for about 3 hours to Salamanca. There, Caroline, Giana, and I will be sharing a host family, who will meet us at the shuttle site. :] All we know at this point is that the woman of the family is Yolanda González Hernández. I'm not quite sure how Spanish addresses work, but I did find out that we will be here, if you want to send us mail or Google how far we are from the Universidad de Salamanca:

Calle de Víctor Pradera 10, 2oD    37007 Salamanca, Spain

We will be staying in Salamanca until June 29th, when we'll be shuttling it back to Madrid and taking off for the States again. Um, in an effort to cut myself off and stop rambling, I'll leave you with this information. :]

Ooh, also, my Skype name is brandikaye01, Caroline's is aqua_kitty, and Giana's is gianabana. Woops, I hope they wanted to share those. ;] I will be signing in to mine whenever we have some downtime, probably, so feel free to add me and Skype me whenever. Who knows about the other two--you can ask them if you want.  Remember that we'll be 9 hours ahead over there, so plan accordingly.

If you have any questions about our trip at all, feel free to ask (me, specifically, since Caroline and Giana just expect me to know everything for them, generally). ;] 

Don't be too surprised! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Brandi!! such a cute blog. Love Love Love!!! I'm going to tweet about this! Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever you blog, you need to post it on FB, so that those of us that forget to check your blog, can stay up to date too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally gonna do that! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! I'm so excited for you gal. You are going to have so much fun roaming around in Spain. Enjoy it now while you can before life makes you settle in. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete